DIGITAL-S in rural areas, project n°2017-1-FR01-KA204-037299
Start: 01-10-2017 - End: 30-09-2019
EU Grant: 242 470 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
Topics: Rural development and urbanisation ICT - new technologies - digital competences Open and distance learning
DIGITAL-S aims to develop innovation about digital technology to generate a real impact on trainers and adult learners' skills on rural areas.
In a dematerialized world where it becomes an essential prerequisite to master the exploitation of a computer and the internet, DIGITAL-S has the ambition to develop one of the 8 European key skill, the digital skills. To do so, the project supports and provides uninitiated trainers with digital competences in the field of training. The project will focus on keeping pace with the constant evolution of ICTs by integrating them into habits of training.
The project will particularly focus on distance education learning for adult learners from rural areas (mostly with disadvantaged backgrounds) having urgent specific needs to enhance their digital skills. Indeed, knowing how to use a computer and being able to reach all the information contained in the internet have become a must to fully exist as an accomplished individual and citizen and eventually, find a job.
To achieve the DIGITAL-S project goals, the regional federation of Familles Rurales Pays de la Loire has specifically gathered four foreign organizations with different professional profiles taking part in it:
Is one of the best private universities in northern Poland (in Szczecin)
Is the International Center for the promotion of Education and the Development in Italy (Palermo)
Is the Center for Promoting Lifelong Learning, a Romanian NGO located in Timișoara
Is the Institute for the promotion of Development and Training in Spain (Valladolid).
Three intellectual outputs will be created and published at the end of the project:
- Professional and methodological guide for ICT uninitiated trainers
- Digital initiation training for adult learners
- Digital skills modules on 5 different digital supports
The kick-off meeting took place the 14th and 15th of December 2018 in Angers, France.
Check out the official website to get more information
about DIGITAL-S project on the following link:
DIGITAL-S short-term staff training week
The Romanian organization CPIP hosted the first training week of DIGITAL-S project taking place in Timișoara, from the 21st to the 25th of May 2018.
15 trainers from the country partners (Familles Rurales Pays de la Loire from France, INFODEF from Spain, Collegium Balticum from Poland, CEIPES from Italy and CPIP from Romania) were selected and given the opportunity to meet, exchange and be trained about the opportunities offered in the process of e-learning.
The intercultural week was filled with lively discussions and punctuated with moments of sharing and fraternal exchanges and concerns among participants resulting with extremely fruitful exchange of views and a great collaborative work.
During this week, the participants collaborated and worked to achieve the following goals:
- Integrating into the habits and practices of professional trainers the use of digital technology
- Developing exchange of practices among trainers on the methods and know-hows
- Proposing recommendations from potential problems encountered related to the target group of adult learners they will work with
- Identifying the topics of the modules which will be produced by each country, according to the needs of the adult learners in each country
- Preparing the trainers to the next step of DIGITAL-S project: one training day with the target group of adult learners before the next transnational meeting taking place in Valladolid the 8th and 9th of November 2018.